Thursday 20 August 2015

CURVELINEAR!! Diva Challenge . Revisiting Camelia

Asked this week to work on new or old patterns with S or C curves, and have some fun developing them with auras galore. So I thought I'd have some fun with my pattern "Camelia" (step outs included) I called these "Cameliarella"
I found this challenge quite addictive and wanted to try all sorts of things as you will see below.



My first exercise was on some bookmark cards I had over from a recent swap. I just let things develop as they will.



From there I used a micron fine liner on white tile, gradually adding more and more lines, and some circles. Im having fun here!




Why not try a Renaissance tile ? This one turned out way more dramatic than I expected. Having the white highlights really gave a lift.


From thee I shaded one of the white tiles. I think I liked the Renaissance tile best. How about you??






7 comments:

  1. I think i like the Renaissance tile best. I also turned to Renaissance colors this week----great minds ;-) Thanks for sharing the step outs to Camelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! It is undulating for sure and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were quite busy; the renaissance tile is my favorite: beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I am super impressed...you broke Camellia RIGHT out of the box, and played with it, to some very cool results. I do love the renaissance tile, but even those white tiles full of swirls and spirals...VERY cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tiles are beautiful! I like this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your progression! The Renaissance tile is stunning!

    ReplyDelete