Tuesday 19 May 2015

Diva Challenge #218, more spray inks.

This week for the Diva we are to work on black paper using a white pen. I've had no luck with white pens. I keep buying them - good ones too- and they just keep drying up on me. Ive googled what to do but its not worked for me. I started using some coloured gel pens I had then it came to me I had a box of gel pens from Smiggle. Yey! They worked! Nevertheless, I liked the colours so finished that one, then did a stacked one in white. I shaded in white charcoal.




I have just returned home from a most amazing event! A little village called Yarragon, 15 Minutes from where I live, normally runs an Art Exhibition every year. Instead this year they put on an "Arts Fest...the Full Spectrum". Twenty workshops over two days put on by twenty talented folk. Each ran for an hour and cost only $10. People even came from over one hundred miles away to be further educated in as many arts/crafts as they wished.

On offer were calligraphy, gouache painting, journalling, printmaking, zentangle, scraper art, felting, weaving in the round, watercolour painting, acrylic painting, paper characteristics, knitting, pastels, watercolour pencils, sketching, charcoal, coloured pencils, marker rendering,  In between my teaching sessions I did the workshop on using markers, and another with Canson Papers, which was an in-depth instruction about why papers and paints are so different in price and quality. An awesome two days.




Ive had some fun tangling over my spray ink backgrounds, even made a birthday card ..of sorts.




And finally an assortment of ATC's made for Facebook swap "Pop of colour"
Hope there's some inspiration for you here today!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! These are wonderful! I'm going to try tangling over color washes and sprays! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and so many lovely pieces! Especially I like the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are beautiful. I love the first "colors on black" tile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work today is fabulous Anne! Regarding gel pens in general and I include metallic gold and silver in this. If they clog and you can't get them to write...I get harsh with them and actually bang the tip on a piece of paper on a hard surface. I figure "what do I have to lose...it's not working for me anyway" and about 80% of the time the crazy pen will start writing again. I think the pigment gets clogged at the tip and the hard snap gets it going again. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colored tangles on the black and in your cards below. Really beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Anne, plus tons and tons of inspiration. It sounds like you had a wonderful week and I can certainly see you had a busy one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy! These are all very beautiful and your black tiles are very well done. I love the spray ink and might have to try that soon. I have a couple of colors of spray ink that I haven't tried yet. Love all your work and hearing about the Arts Fest makes me want to be there and going. Great work this week!

    ReplyDelete