Saturday 10 November 2012

AEDM#11

Pretty quiet this morning for Open Studios Day, but the sun is shining. Good thing is I have been able to finish off bits and pieces. Not quite sure if this one is "done" but I will put it in for today.

The next is a continuation of the "watercolour on canvas" piece. Do you ever feel really pleased with a piece of work, and then you do something which spoils it?? To you anyway. Well I feel like that first about the light green and secondly about the light blue, so would appreciate any advice on colours here. Hey how about that , asking for advice on colour!! Oh well, guess I dont know it all yet!!Thats why I need my bloggies!!



I still have line details to put in after I'm happy with background.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely painting- I like the light blue but the light green bothers me too- not sure why maybe another shade of blue here would be better. Can you paint some colors on strips and hold up to it to decide. I think it is a value issue with the green that makes me not like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your thoughts and the idea about sample strips, a great idea. You have been a real help.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy looking at your art, it's wonderful. I like the first tangle you did, it looks like an oriental theme, was that your intention??

    ReplyDelete