Tuesday 7 February 2012

Calendar and challenge #57

Diva's challenge for this week is to use the tangle 'sanibelle' byTricia Faraone. This time I felt like some colour, planning to use watercolours. On second thought I didnt think it wise as hubby recently purchased a new lounge suite and he was sitting next to me! It wouldnt look good having paints and water around me, so reverted to markers!Unfortunately I hadnt used them for ages, so some parts are a bit messy. "No mistakes" though !! Its a bit of a fun piece. I tell my students "Art has to be fun otherwise dont bother!!" What do you think?


Although I have started back at work, I seem to have rolled ahead on the calendar, now I'm ahead!! This time I chose to do linear tangles. I wonder what I will come up with next time?? Thanks to all who have sent me encouraging comments, they are very precious.



14 comments:

  1. Your Sanibelle tile is simply charming. You always make color look so beautiful and effortless! The calendar is great, too. I love the flow of the intertwining bands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both tiles! The sanibelle is especially beautiful in color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your calendar! The red in the background is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you tile and all the bright color....makes me long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful tile and calendar page! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I'd say you had a lot of fun with Sanibelle - it's gorgeous. Love the line work in the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely in color!
    Makes me long for the spring

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your encouragement!! Sure keeps us motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color in Sanibelle is fun and balanced. Love it. I especially like your calendar - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sanibelle is lovely. Your calendar is amazing. I think I need to loosen it up a bit with the calendar...I still stuck in the 3 little boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cheerful and inviting, great use of colour. The calendar looks great and is inspiring.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tile is perfect with color and I like what you've done with your calendar page. I'm much too structured with calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Sanibelle monotangle! And your calendar page is very interesting! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete